What is Relapsing Fever :
It is such kind of fever which comes again after curing once. In it, a person suffers from fever again and again after getting normal temperature. The period of this kind of fever is from 5 to 7 days.
The temperature in Relapsing Fever increases quickly (100°F to 105°F) which stays for 6-7 days. Sometimes, the patient shows the symptoms of insanity and erotomania also but the next moment the patient becomes normal suddenly. Low temperature and excess sweat or diarrhea become like before. However, after one week temperature starts to increase for 3-4 days. This fever is called relapsing fever.
- Prepare a decoction by boiling nut grass, long pepper, pierorhiza (Kutki), the pulp of pudding pipe tree and small myrolealans (harar). It gets rid of this fever if the sufferer takes this medicine regularly.
- Prepare a decoction by boiling pierorhiza, nut grass and cuscus. The use of this decoction is beneficial in this fever.
- Prepare a decoction by boiling chireta root, pierorhizas fruit, mustakmool and the stem of tinospora. Take 14 to 28 ml this decoction thrice a day. Its use provides relief in relapsing fever.
- Take 10 to 20 grams sprouted seeds of fenugreek in the morning and evening. This medicine is useful in relapsing fever.
- Take half gram to 1g roasted asafetida after mixing it in ghee with any eatable things. It abates fever.
- Lick 3 to 4 grams powder of pierorhiza with honey in the morning and evening. It abates relapsing fever due to jirn (old) fever, cold fever and constipation.
- If a patient takes 1 to 4 g roasted powder of holarrhena antidysentrica wall with honey in the morning and evening, he does not become the victim of relapsing again.
- It is useful to take the decoction prepared by the bark of emetic nut in fever.
- It is useful to give 1\4 g or less extract of Indian berberin daily thrice a day to the suffering patient on empty stomach or 2 hours before or after meals. Remember that, sleep by covering all over the body with blanket. After sometimes, you will feel thirst and nervousness but dont care and do not drink water. You will feel weakness after sweating; take rice water or milk after a hour.
- Take 2 to 3g mixture of garlic with ghee in the morning on empty stomach. It gives relief in fever.
- Mix half to 1g powder of Indian valerian rhizome, manahshila, yashad ash and a little opium or cannabis indica. Then mix again the whole mixture in betel juice to make small tablets. Now take one tablet in the morning and one tablet in the evening. It gets rid of physical and mental tiredness caused by fever.
- It is useful to take the decoction, prepared by boiling zedoary, small peeper and cinnamon mixing with honey in the morning and evening.
- Take 20 to 80 ml juice of the root of wild basil in the morning and evening. Its use gets rid of malarial fever.
- Give half-gram powder of the leaves of clerodendron infortunatum mixing with honey and clove or cinnamon to the patient to lick. It is very useful in third or fourth attack of this fever.
- Give the decoction of tinospora by mixing honey in the morning and evening. It is useful in savira or malarial fever or relapsing fever.
- It is useful to give the decoction of the bark of baels root in the morning and evening.
- It is useful to take the fusion of the bark of madars root.
- Give about one gram or less powder of the seeds of thorn apple with one-gram curd before fever to the patient to eat. Temperature does not rise again. Before this activity, soak these seeds in cows urine for 12 hours.
- Take about 25 to 50 ml decoction of pugssley in the morning and evening. This medicine is beneficial in bilious fever and other diseases caused by fever. It also ends the burning sensation, thirst and disturbed stomach.
- It is useful to give the vegetable of mollugo stricta, in malarial fever. It also increases appetite.
- It is useful to take 5 to 10 drops of neem oil in the morning and evening in intermittent fever.
- Take the juice of 7-8 leaves of night jasmine after adding ginger juice and honey in it in the morning and evening, it is useful.
- Grind the leaves of Indian privet and myrolealans with cows urine and then take it in the morning and evening. It is useful in fever with the enlargement of spleen.
- It is useful to take the juice of Indian privets leaves with pierorhiza and extract of Indian berberin.
- Take 20 to 40 ml decoction prepared with the bark of salix caprea in the morning and evening. It gives relief in relapsing and bilious fever.
- Churn 5 to 10 g bark of salix tetrasperma and then take it in the morning and evening before fever. It reduces the temperature of the fever.
- Give half-gram barrengtonia acutangula with black pepper and the juice of basil leaves in the morning and evening. It is useful in relapsing fever.
- Prepare decoction by boiling the root of sida rhombi folia and dry ginger and then take 40 ml in the morning and evening. It is useful in malarail fever.
- It is useful to take the root of side spinosa and dry ginger.
- Take half-gram root of thalictrum foliolosum in the morning and evening, it provides relief in fever.
- Take 4 to 6g powder of the root of gav jaban with 20 to 25 ml milk and water in the morning and evening. It is useful in fever.
- Give 40 to 80 ml infusion of the root of magnolia to the patient. It is useful in fever.
- It will be useful to take half-gram root or fruit of ficus hispida with milk in the morning and evening. It is restricted to give in excess quantity because it causes vomiting.
- Give 20 to 25 g infusion of the bark of the toon tree in the morning and evening. Take black pepper after its use.
- Give 4 to 8 g powder or 20 to 40 ml decoction of the bark of alstonia scholaris in the morning and evening. It normalizes to the temperature of the body and ends the weakness caused by fever.
- Take half-gram powder of the bark of gaub persimen in the morning and evening, it is very useful in fever.
- Take 20 to 40g decoction of the leaves of Carissa carandas, it is useful in malarial fever.
- Take 20 to 40g decoction of the bark of sebestan in the morning and evening, it is useful in fever.
- Take 40 to 80 ml decoction of the bark of an apple tree in the morning and evening; it is useful in relapsing fever.
- Drip 10 to 15 drops of worm woods oil in milk or spongy sugar-cake (batasa) and then take. It gives relief in old fever.
- It is useful to take 20 ml to 40 ml decoction of adansonia digitata.
- Mix 1g makardhwaj and 2g powder of long peeper altogether and then take it mixing with honey in the morning and evening. It is useful in malarial fever as well as other fever.