Collapse fever is caused by the following reasons as having meals on wrong time, taking unappetizing (with lack of interest) food-stuffs in foreign, having meals in the condition of indigestion, fasting, change of weather, swallowing poisonous substances in the stomach, excessive hand practice (masturbation) or sexual intercourse, excessive worry, sorrow, hard labour, excessive working (working for a long time) in the sun or near the fire, etc.
Collapse fever is also known as tridoshas disorder of bodily humours (air, bile and phlegm). The symptoms of this fever, which are found in the patient, are as follow tiredness in the body, sensation of yawning again and again, burning sensation in the eyes, lack of interest in food, sometimes he feels hot and sometimes cold, joints pain, redness in the eyes, broad eyes, half closed eyes or look obliquely, sunken eyes, ache in the ears, pricking in the throat, cough, fast breathing, unconsciousness, nonsense talking, roughness on the tongue, mixed bile excretions, severe pain in the head, sensation of thirst again and again, pain in the chest, excessive sweating, disturbances in urine and faeces or a little excretion, excessive weakness in the body, appearing red and round scars (blotches, marks, rashes) on the body, make low sound, suppuration of nose and ears, swelling in the stomach, sleepiness in day, sleepless in the night, abnormal activities by the patient, black shade below the eyes, spiting again and again, etc. There are many types of collapse fever and its period known to be 7 to 90 days. Sometimes the patient can because of this fever.
- Grind bengal quince, shyonak, gmelina arberea, sterospermum suaveolens, ailanthus excelsa, sariywan, uraria picta, solanum xanthocarpum, solanum indicum and small caltrops. Now take this decoction after adding tinospora in it. It is useful in collapse fever.
- Mix the powder of small pepper in the decoction of dashmool (wood apple, shyonak, gmelina arberea, sterospermum suaveolens, ailanthus excelsa, sariywan, uraria picta, solanum xanthocarpum, solanum indicum and tinospora) and then give to the patient to drink. It cures insomnia, cough, asthma, adenitis, heart diseases, ribs pain, wind, bile and phlegm. Its use also abates collapse fever.
- Mix equal quantity of ginger juice, bay berry, orrisa root, dry ginger, black pepper, pistacia intergerrima, long peeper, the bishops weed and Persian manna plant, etc. in the decoction of dashmool (wood apple, shyonak, gmelina arberea, sterospermum suaveolens, ailanthus excelsa, sariywan, uraria picta, solanum xanthocarpum, solanum indicum and tinospora). Now give it to the patient of collapse fever. It gets rid of collapse fever.
- Cook dashmool (wood apple, shyonak, gmelina arberea, sterospermum suaveolens, ailanthus excelsa, sariywan, uraria picta, solanum xanthocarpum, solanum indicum and tinospora) with zedoary, orrisa root, pistacia intergerrima, fiagonia Arabica, clerodendron serratum spreng, kurchi seed, sespadulas leaves, pierorhiza, etc. to make decoction. Now taking this decoction gets rid of collapse fever, cough, sleepiness, delirium, burning sensation and anorexia.
- Prepare a decoction by boiling dashmool (wood apple, shyonak, gmelina arberea, sterospermum suaveolens, ailanthus excelsa, sariywan, uraria picta, solanum xanthocarpum, solanum indicum and tinospora), trikatu (pippali, marich, sunthi), dry ginger, clerodendron serratum and tinospora. Take this decoction; it is useful in collapse fever.
- Prepare decoction by boiling trikuta (long peepr, black pepper, dry ginger) triphala (Harad, Baheda and Amla), neems bark, sespadulas leaves, pierorhiza, holorarrhena antidysentrica wall, chireta, sterospermum suaveolens and tinospora. Now give it to the patient to drink. It cures collapse fever.
- Prepare a decoction by boiling equal quantity of clerodendron serratum, pluchea lanceolata, sespadulas leaves, Himalayan cedar, turmeric, dry zingber, black pepper, long peeper, Malabar nut, indravaruni, bacopa, chireta, neem, pavonia odorata, pierorhiza, sweet flag, cissampelos pareira, oraxylum indicum, Indian berberry, myrolealans, myrobalan chebulie, Indian gooseberry and zedoary. Taking this decoction gets rid of collapse fever. It is also useful in cough, asthma, hiccup, throat diseases, gastric and joints pain.
- Prepare a decoction by boiling Malabar nut, pugsley, neem, liquorice root, coriander, dry ginger, Himalayan cedar, sweet flag, holarrhena antidysentrica, piper root and caltrops. Now give it to the patient. Its use is beneficial in collapse fever, asthma, cough, diarrhea, pain and anorexia.
- Grind 10g nareekel lavan and 10g impure carbonate of potash then take 1g this mixture in the morning and evening with water. It is useful.
- Crush 20g cassia angustifolia and 20g black salt and then store after filter it properly. Now take 5-5g of it with lukewarm water in the morning and evening. It is useful.
- When the body of the patient got cool in collapse fever, massage the body with black mustard oil for warmth. If the feet are also got cool, apply the oil of black mustard. It is useful.
- If any types of medicines have been using for the treatment of collapse fever, give 3 drops of cinnamon oil by adding in half cup of water daily with this medicine. It is useful.