This procedure is done to lower body temperature in cases of high fever.
The method is as follows.
- Place a mackintosh and a bath- blanket under the patient.
- Remove the patient’s clothes.
- Soak two bed sheets in water at 18 degree C and squeeze them moderately.
- Turn the patient on one side and place one bed sheet under the patient. Then place the patient on this bedsheet and place the other bed sheet over him from neck to toes.
- Place cold compresses or ice bag on him head.
- Soak the bed sheet in water after it becomes less cool, squeeze and place it over the patient again. Do this for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Check the patient’s temperature after 30 minutes.