Important and necessary steps to be taken in a disaster
- Establish a command post in a safe area.
- Establish communication with hospitals or medical facilities, and other emergency units.
- The first aider should continue to be the triage officer until physician arrives on the scene.
- Set up a triage point in a safe area such that all victims to be taken to the ambulance pass through this point.
- Determine the hospital to which the ambulance should go.
- Set up a point for giving information to relatives and friends of the disaster victims.
- Set up a temporary morgue out of sight for keeping dead bodies keep a guard there to prevent unauthorized person from going there.