First aid treatment of Turpentine poisoning its causes, prevention and diagnose-“Occupational Hazards”

Turpentine poisoning

It is a volatile oil derived from pine trees. It is used in the preparation of varnishes, paints, and in medicine. It poisoning usually occurs by inhalation.

It is diagnosed by the following features:

  1. There is burning sensation in the esophagus.
  2. Cramping, vomiting and diarrhea are present.
  3. Pulse and respiration become slow, weak, and irregular.
  4. Irritation of urinary tract and central nervous system are seen.

First Aid

  1. Give gastric lavage.
  2. Give soothing drinks and stimulants.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.