Hydrogen sulphide poisoning
It is a colorless, inflammable, poisonous gas. It smells like rotten eggs. It is used in metallurgy, manufacturing of sulfur compounds and chemical laboratories. It is also found in old unused wells and coal mines.
Its poisoning is diagnosed by the following features.
- In small doses, it acts an irritant to eyes, reparatory epithelium.
- In acute poisoning there is sudden collapse and unconsciousness.
- Death occurs from respiratory paralysis.
- Stop exposure immediately.
- Give artificial respiration using oxygen with 5% CO2.
- Shift him to hospital immediately.