It is a lustrous, hard, metallic element that is resistant to corrosion. It is used in manufacture of steel furniture.
Its poisoning is diagnosed by the following features.
- The victim has headache, nausea, and vomiting.
- There is weakness in legs.
- Respiration is deep and difficult.
- There may be ringing in the ears.
- The skin may become red. Blisters may develop.
- Remove the victim from the site of poisoning immediately.
- Keep the patient absolutely immobile to reduce body oxygen demands. Give oxygen through tight- fitting mask.
- Shift him to a hospital immediately.