Carbon Disulphide Poisoning
It is a clear, colorless or yellowish, highly inflammable, poisonous liquid. It is used to manufacture carbon tetra-chloride, cellophane pesticides, and viscose rayon.
Its poisoning is diagnosed by the following features.
- There is irritation of skin, eyes and mucous membranes.
- The victim gets headaches.
- Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea are present.
- The pulse is weak.
- Palpitations and fatigue are present.
- Induce vomiting.
- Give gastric lavage if possible.
- Give diazepam for convulsions.
- Shift him to a hospital.