First aid treatment of Carbon disulphide poisoning its causes, prevention and diagnose-“Occupational Hazards”

Carbon Disulphide Poisoning

It is a clear, colorless or yellowish, highly inflammable, poisonous liquid. It is used to manufacture carbon tetra-chloride, cellophane pesticides, and viscose rayon.

Its poisoning is diagnosed by the following features.

  1. There is irritation of skin, eyes and mucous membranes.
  2. The victim gets headaches.
  3. Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea are present.
  4. The pulse is weak.
  5. Palpitations and fatigue are present.

First Aid

  1. Induce vomiting.
  2. Give gastric lavage if possible.
  3. Give diazepam for convulsions.
  4. Shift him to a hospital.


Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.