Various types of unconsciousness are shown in the following table:
Stupor-it is a state of semi consciousness in which person responds only to external stimuli or loud noise. Pupils of the yes contract in response to light
Fainting-it is the temporary loss of consciousness. The person recovers spontaneously.
Somnolence- it is a state when person feels sleepy or drowsy
Coma- it is a state of complete loss of consciousness. The person does not respond to even painful stimuli. Eye movements are absent. The pupils do not respond to light.
- Do not try to arouse an unconscious person. Let him lie quietly
- Do not pour water on him.
- Do not move him unnecessarily
- Let him have fresh air.
- Loosen clothes around his neck, chest and waist.
- Do not give him anything orally.
- Resuscitate him if he has cardio respiratory arrest.
- Keep him in recovery position.
- Apply specific treatment for the cause of unconsciousness
- Send him to a hospital immediately.