It is defined as sexual intercourse of a female by force or under the threat of a force.
The victim suffers from the following.
Manifestation of Rape
Phase of disorganization: Fear, anger humiliation, guilt, self blame.
Phase of resolution: Sleep disturbances, phobias, sexual fear.
- Reduce the emotional trauma of the victim.
- Reassure her that anxiety is natural and appropriate support will be given to her.
- Do not leave her alone.
- Give first aid for injuries.
- Do not chance her clothes or allow her to wash her private parts these need to keep undisturbed for examination by a doctor.
- Send him to a hospital immediately.
- Inform police