An allergy is a hypersensitivity reaction to certain substances like pollen of certain flowers and grasses, chicken feathers, feather pillows, moldy blankets or clothes, specific food- fish, shell fish, beer etc, and certain medicines, especially antibiotics or serum. These substances may cause an attack by contact with the patient’s skin, being breathed in or eaten. The condition is diagnosed by the following features.
- Skin rash: hives, wheals, accompanied by itching.
- Sudden attack of repeated sneezing
- Itching or burning of the eyes.
- Anaphylactic shock.
- Stop the use of the specific substance responsible for the allergy immediately.
- Apply cold compresses for severe skin itching and burning.
- Send him to a doctor immediately.