All eye injuries are considered to be serious. The eye is painful and bloodshot. External injury is visible. May be partial or total loss of vision in affected eye. Clear fluid may be found to be leaking from the eye.
- Place the victim down on the back, supporting the head.
- Ask him to close the injured eye and gently cover it with an eye pad, securing it with adhesive tape bandage.
- Ask him to keep both the eyes still, as normally both move together and movement of the injured eye is not desirable.
- Do not attempt to remove any foreign bodies from the eye.
- Shift him to a hospital immediately.