A blow to the nose causes nasal injuries, as in boxing sport. The condition is diagnosed by the following features.
- There is pain and tenderness over the nasal bones. Swelling may be present over the site of the injury.
- There is bleeding from the nose.
- A deformity is felt on running a finger down the front of the nose.
- The nasal bones may be deviated to one side or depressed.
- Control local hemorrhage by pinching the nose between finger, the head held forward.
- In case if bleeding is severe a cotton ball or compress may be placed inside-the nostril.
- Send him to a hospital immediately.