These are due to severe pressure of a heavy object over a part of the body. There may not be much of an external injury. But there can be extensive damage to the tissues underneath, e.g. muscles and bones. Internal hemorrhage is possible. Toxic materials released from the damaged tissue can enter the blood stream and cause failure of the kidneys.
- Release the trapped part from the under the heavy object.
- Place the victim in a head-low position.
- Treat hemorrhage and shock.
- Splint fractures. Elevate the injured limb if possible.
- Shift him to a hospital immediately.