Achilles tendinitis and it’s diagnose
Achilles tendon is the tendon of the calf muscles attached to the heel of the foot.
Its inflammation is diagnosed by the following features.
- Pain around the tendon.
- Swelling around the tendon.
- Initial treatment is aimed at reducing local oedema. Give rest and apply ice packs locally to reduce pain and resolve inflammation.
- Give paracetamol for pain.
- Use a heel raise to reduce the stretch of the tendon. It should initially be non-weight bearing.
- Send him to a hospital afterwards.