Pneumoconiosis is a group of lung disorders resulting from inhalation of different types of dusts. The dust gets deposited in the lung and the lungs develop reaction to the dust. It may gradually reduce the victim’s working capacity due to lung fibrosis and other complications. There is no cure for this condition.
- Maintain oral hygiene and skin care.
- For person with pulmonary involvement, monitor vital signs.
- Encourage oral fluid intake.
- Give frequent, small, nutritious meals.
- Use gloves and mask when handling the victim.
- Incinerate the contaminated material.