Home » First Aid » First aid treatment of Hydrogen sulphide poisoning its causes, prevention and diagnose-“Occupational Hazards”

 Hydrogen sulphide poisoning

It is a colorless, inflammable, poisonous gas. It smells like rotten eggs. It is used in metallurgy, manufacturing of sulfur compounds and chemical laboratories. It is also found in old unused wells and coal mines.

Its poisoning is diagnosed by the following features.

  1. In small doses, it acts an irritant to eyes, reparatory epithelium.
  2. In acute poisoning there is sudden collapse and unconsciousness.
  3. Death occurs from respiratory paralysis.

First Aid

  1. Stop exposure immediately.
  2. Give artificial respiration using oxygen with 5% CO2.
  3. Shift him to hospital immediately.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Name
Email
Website