Tennis elbow causes, diagnose and its first aid
It occurs mainly in tennis players. It is characterized by soft tissue pain between shoulder and wrist. Repeated activity causes multiple small injuries of the common extensor origin.
The condition is diagnosed by the following features.
- There is pain over the region of the lateral epicondyle.
- It extends distally.
- It increases with extension of the wrist against resistance.
- Give total rest initially to allow the pain to subside.
- Give paracetamol for pain.
- Advise stretching exercises after the pain subsides.