A blow to the upper jaw causes injuries to the maxilla and zygomatic bone, as in boxing. The condition is diagnosed by the following features.
- One half of a cheek may feel numb.
- There is pain and tenderness over the affected bones. Swelling may be present over the site of the injury.
- Teeth may be out of alignment.
- Chewing or biting on a folded cloth causes pain.
- Bony deformity may be seen by looking at both cheekbones from the top of the patients head.
1.Apply ice locally to relieve pain.
2.Give paracetamol for pain.
3. Send him to a hospital immediately