What is the treatment after breathing has been restored?
- Rub the limbs upwards with firm grasping pressure under the blanket or over the dry clothing to promote warmth and Circulation
- Apply hot water bottles to promote warmth of the body.
- Let there be free and fresh air in the room.
- A teaspoonful of warm water may be given if the ability to swallow has returned. If the patient tolerates that well small quantities of coffee or tea may be given.
- Keep the victim in bed, and encouraging him to sleep.